- The State of STEM Education Told Through 12 Stats. iD Tech Blogs & News. November 2019. https://www.idtech.com/blog/stem-education-statistics
- Fayer, S., Lacey, and Watson, A. STEM Occupations: Past Present, and Future. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, January 2017. https://www.bls.gov/spotlight/2017/science-technology-engineering-and-mathematics-stem-occupations-past-present-and-future/pdf/science-technology-engineering-and-mathematics-stem-occupations-past-present-and-future.pdf
- Economic Modeling Specialists International, April 2017.
- Graf, N., Fry, R., and Funk, C. 7 Facts About the STEM Workforce. Factank News in the Numbers, Pew Research Review, January 2018. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/09/7-facts-about-the-stem-workforce/
- Desilver, D. U.S. Students’ Academic Achievement Still Lags Behind That of Their Peers in Many Other Countries. Factank News in the Numbers, Pew Research Review, February 2017. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/15/u-s-students-internationally-math-science/
- Change, R. Report: Many High School Graduates Want to Pursue STEM Careers but are Unprepared for STEM College Courses. THE Journal, November 2016.
- STEM Education in the U.S. Where We Are and What We Can Do/2017. ACT Research, 2017. http://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/STEM/2017/STEM-Education-in-the-US-2017.pdf
- Verner, K. BrainSTEM: Understanding Why STEM-Infused Instruction Works. ASIN: B07GH45VQC. NCEA Press (2018).
- Baker, D., Eslinger, P. et al. The Cognitive Impact of the Education Revolution: A Possible Cause of the Flynn Effect on Population IQ. Intelligence 49, March-April (2015).
- Ansari, D. The Neural Roots of Mathematical Expertise. PNAS, May (2016). https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2016/04/18/1604758113
- Kounios, J and Beeman, M. The Aha! Moment: The Cognitive Neuroscience of Insight. Current Directions in Psychological Science,18:4. (2016).
- Luo, J. and Niki, K. Function of Hippocampus in “Insight” of Problem Solving. Hippocampus, 13 (2003).
- Verner, K. Assessing Critical Thinking: Preparing the Next Generation of Creative and Effective Problem Solvers. NCEA Talk, May (2018). https://nceatalk.org/2018/05/assessing-critical-thinking-preparing-the-next-generation-of-creative-and-effective-problem-solvers/
- Reauthorization of the National Science Foundation: Strengthening Math and Science Education Research and Development. The Senate of the United States. (2002). https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-107shrg80421/html/CHRG-107shrg80421.htm
- Larson, M. Math Education Is STEM Education! National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (2017). https://www.nctm.org/News-and-Calendar/Messages-from-the-President/Archive/Matt-Larson/Math-Education-Is-STEM-Education!/
- Start with Science. Scholastic Teacher Magazine https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/articles/teaching-content/start-science/
- Camera, L. Across the Board, Scores Drop In Math and Reading for U.S. Students. US News and World Report. October (2019). https://www.usnews.com/news/education-news/articles/2019-10-30/across-the-board-scores-drop-in-math-and-reading-for-us-students
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (2019). https://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/
- Whitlock, A. Colleges are Dropping ACT, SAT Requirements: A Look at Schools that Don’t Use Test Scores. Newsweek. October (2019).
- DeGeurin, M. 27 Great Schools that Don’t Require SAT or ACT Scores. Insider News, July (2019). https://www.insider.com/27-great-schools-that-dont-require-sat-or-act-scores-2019-7